Monday, July 13, 2020

A Fresh Start





Hello ! 
Here I am again , all ready for a fresh new week , Full of thoughts and ideas .  I feel so very blessed that I can do what I love for a living.  I get so excited about every little thing !  My biggest problem is that I cannot organize my thoughts.  I just want to do it all !  I'm trying to train my brain to slow down, take one thing at a time and enjoy each project, live in the moment, without thinking about what's next.   I want to be as cool and laid back as my sweet Elijah Cat.  Doesn't he look so happy and peaceful  in this picture?  That's his favorite resting spot , there atop my cubby by my worktable.  He keeps me company while I create. 


Last week was a mess !   My main goal right now is to design new patterns to offer you.  I get many requests for tutorials and how-to's, so, I thought.... Heck, I'll just photo or video as I go along making the examples of these patterns to share on this blog .  Well,  It just didn't work out for me.   I wasted a whole day simply trying to set up my camera to video me stitching some faces.   16 tries and the day was gone !  Ha ! I'll have to learn some video skills before I attempt that again.   But, I will be sharing some good photo demonstrations soon on some of my techniques that you might like to see. 


Also on my mind, is the thought of combining my 2 online business into one,Somehow. 
  CINNAMON CREEK FOLK ART  , being my pattern line, and A FINE FARMHOUSE , where I sell my finished goods from time to time. I want to be able to keep my Fine Farmhouse Website more active, yet, I don't have time to keep good things made up to sell all the time.   I"m considering a few different things to make improvements there, and even start stocking my patterns there as well as Etsy.  Because, I truly love having my own Website !  

I LoVe making so many different things.  Many of you know I started out way back in the early 1980's making cloth folk art.   Sold in the wholesale market for many years, then I decided I did not want to mass produce anymore.   No way, no how !   I have enjoyed many years since then, being able to make whatever is in my heart.  Lots of one of a kinds. Things made of cloth or paper.  I really love making things with old images.  It's been fun to share some of that with you all with my printable packages.  I've got other ideas for paper projects for you coming up in the near future. 
So, I will get on with my day now.  FOCUS on one project at a time. Save my daydreaming and planning for the evening when I'm done. Todays project is another pattern design.  I have some samples started and hope to have a new one or two ready to offer in the Etsy shop in a few days. 
I'm happy that many of you have been getting my latest patterns !  And, older ones too !  I truly appreciate you all !  That Pumpkin in the Urn is my newest favorite ! 
Have a most wonderful day ,  I hope you can slow down and enjoy each moment as I intend to do ! 
Dru Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment