Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Never, Ever enough Time ...

I am sure many of you feel the same way,  Never enough time in a day to do all we need and want to do.  Especially this time of year !    First, let me apologize for not keeping my word.   I mentioned in my last post that I would have some instructions on painting the clay Santa face on Sunday.  Heck, I'm not even sure if you need it, but, I do intend on having that no later than tomorrow. 

I had  a few technical difficulties when I started printing all those patterns that so many of you ordered.  THANK YOU SO, VERY MUCH !   I truly do appreciate all of the excitement over the latest Santa pattern.   It surprised me how many actual printed patterns I sold, and that took a great deal of time to get them printed and packaged.  Then, I had some personal things to tend to.  Including getting a little Christmas decorating started.   I always wait until the first of December to start my decorating.   To be honest, I never really decorate much for Christmas.   It's just the 2 of us, no kids, But, I'm feeling a little extra festive this year, so, I want to do more than my usual.  Even if it is just for Me and Jeff (  who really isn't Mr. Holly Jolly - but, not at all a scrooge :) 

Just a few greens here and there so far.  I am very happy with my Santa sitting upon my shelf.   Do you know that I have never, ever kept an Santa for myself ?  Nope...not a single one from all of these years that I have been making them. This one is staying home with me.  Oh, but, I must add some buttons or bells to his vest !

We did get our little tree up.  It's not fully decorated yet.  I hope to make myself some little felted ornaments to add to it over the next few weeks. 

I'll tell ya...  With all that I've been through health wise this past year, I have felt pretty darn good ! 
UNTIL, last month.  I was pretty down for a few weeks after starting a medication that is supposed to help keep cancer from coming back.  It took everything out of me, and I ended up with a bad reaction to it . My Doctor took me off if it and I have just started feeling myself again these past couple of weeks.  I want to do EVERYthing !   Live it up while I can !  Enjoy LIFE ! 
I am sure she (my Oncologist ) will suggest I start on something again, and I will do what she thinks is best, but, I do hope it can wait until after the holidays.  But, then again, the quicker I start fighting back, the quicker I will win...Right ? 
Okay,  I'm off to do some this and that and will get those painted face instructions posted on here tomorrow at the latest.  
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for taking time out of your day to stop and see what I have to show and tell.  I wouldn't be doing it if not for YOU ! 
Happy Day ! 
Dru Ann


3 comments:

  1. Dru Ann, I agree there is never enough time to do everything I want to do. I have an office job and there is never enough time to do my gardening and creating. I bought the digital of your new Santa pattern. I am enjoying your instructions. Primitive is so different from what I have done for years and I have a hard time wrapping my head around it. I overthink everything! Sometimes I forget that there might be an easier and acceptable way of doing things that I have just forgotten. I am learning a lot from you and that will help me loosen up a bit and be more creative. So thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you for your new patterns and the blog you started with the Santa’s, I have always wanted to learn how to do a clay face etc... you are right there is not enough time in the day!

    ReplyDelete